Friday, September 21, 2018

Orchids

I have been photographing Susan's orchards as they are about to go away for this season. I've always been enthralled by the intensity of their purple and bought a, mostly white, velvet cloth for the backdrop. It didn't work out as it wasn't really white but off-white or cream-white - so these have been cut out of the background and plain white substituted ... they came out pretty well.



I like the color of the bottom photograph but prefer the layout of the top photograph. The color difference is the lighting used. Its a good start to getting the depth of the color my eyes see ... learning to reproduce what the eyes sees is the challenge of photographing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

  A week ago we drove to Bryson City where the Great Smoky Mountain Rail Road is located.  I heard about this mountain train ride some years...