Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Arboretum

Yesterday, i spent sometime at the NC Arboretum which turned out to be a rainy overcast day - my favorite. Still, that didn't deter the butterflies:



I did not read the name of this display but liked it ... seems a good introduction to the variety of plants and art works spread over the arboretum.

And the range of mushrooms was amazing:







And butterflies:



I believe this one and the one below are the same kinda of butterfly but one is female and the other male



There is an exhibit of photographs  there: "A Year in the Life of a Mountain Bog" by Michael Oppenheim. I liked the exhibit and the only criticism, which isn't really a criticism, is that i'd like to have seen less very large images and more images of the mundaneness of the bog. I recommend viewing if you are in the area.


3 comments:

  1. Awesome. A naturalist at heart....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Humm, replying seems to post in duplicate. And yes, beauty is a bit of a passion - sharing my view of such. Thanks MA.

      Delete

  A week ago we drove to Bryson City where the Great Smoky Mountain Rail Road is located.  I heard about this mountain train ride some years...