Saturday, July 22, 2017

Pileated Woodpecker

I have been on the lookout for the Pileated Wood Pecker that occasionally comes thru here. My neighbors say they see them but in the six months here i've not seen any. Today they made up for their absence ... a pair, i think young ones, played in and around a couple of trees allowing me to get a few good shots:


This blog, owned by Google, does not allow me to put images side-by-side nor make them as large as i'd sometimes like. I think i need to create my own photo-blog as i do rent server space that is more then enough to create such a bog.

'Nuff of that ... here are a few more of this wondrous looking bird - the largest wood pecker in North America.





That one WP has a serious contemporary hair look!

No comments:

Post a Comment

  A week ago we drove to Bryson City where the Great Smoky Mountain Rail Road is located.  I heard about this mountain train ride some years...