Monday, July 31, 2017

Insects

This morning, after photographing the rabbit, i put on the macro twin-flash attachment designed by Canon to go with their macro lenses. My friend bought this attachment for me three or four years ago and i've used it almost exclusively for table-top macro work. And it has worked very well (thank you Steve!).

I've seen it in videos being used to shoot bugs/insects in the wild -well, around the neighborhood. I was totally amazed at the colors that showed up when using the flash. Oh, i've been doing macro photos of outdoor bugs for years, but, until now, never noticed how poor their color is.

I was, i am, delighted to see and capture such color:


I don't know what this bug is - do you?

Moth ?
Moth, for sure

Roach, i think

See the blue the roach and questionable moth is on? That is the dew on the car that i was about to wipe off when this whole insect-photographing started. I too a few shots of the dew which was pretty trippy:

I love the blueness -the car body is sky blue- and how it comes thru the dew drops


The top shot is at an angle and the middle sharpness is the field of focus. 

This bottom image is shot from directly above the drops and its all pretty much in focus; however, the reddish hue that is running along the bottom i don't know the source of. It is in the original shot, a band of reddish hue running diagonally thru the image. No, there is no red anywhere on the car.

Want to investigate both all those little hair like white thinggies that are sticking up in the top photo and where-in-the-world did that red hue come from?

No comments:

Post a Comment

  A week ago we drove to Bryson City where the Great Smoky Mountain Rail Road is located.  I heard about this mountain train ride some years...