Sunday, May 5, 2019

Eggs

While in SA, my sister mentioned that the lamp on the front lawn didn't work and so i volunteer to work on it. I discovered there was no electricity at the post and couldn't do anything about that But, i discovered a colony of eggs.

really really small - that is wrought iron they are on

and up close they look like this

Two days later i returned to see what was happening and there were dozens and dozens of small warms all over the lamp post and the breeze was blowing them on cobwebs all over the place. I backed away as i didn't want them either on me nor my camera. They were very very small. A couple hours later i returned and they were all gone - nada, nothing. Well, almost ... i find three or four and they looked like this:


You can see three or four in the above photograph along with the remnants of the eggs - my sister said they were the warms that ate into the bark of trees causing great damage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

  A week ago we drove to Bryson City where the Great Smoky Mountain Rail Road is located.  I heard about this mountain train ride some years...